Sunday, November 29, 2009

Computer won't let me do anything except log on to internet explorer. Then the icons on desktop

For some reason starting yesturday night the computer started acting really slow. I ran a virus scan through Norton Anti-Virus and it detected one item and resolved it. Now whenever I turn the computer on the only thing I can do is log on to internet explorer and then all of the icons on the desktop disappear. I can't get into any of my folders or anything. If someone knows what could be causing this I would really appreciate a answer back.



Oh one more thing after the computer 1st turns on a error message saying "Error in: C:\Users\Esko\AppData\Local\Temp|ontjmaa... entry:run" keeps popping up and that has never happened before.



Thank you.



Computer won't let me do anything except log on to internet explorer. Then the icons on desktop disappear.windows defender



Unfortunately there's no easy way to go back, your most likely infected with more than one virus and I'm sure Norton deleted a necessary file thinking it was doing you a favor, and now your going to have to reinstall windows. If you don't know how, your going to want to take it in. If you think you can do it yourself, than by all means try, if you have any questions, e-mail me at aatrent@gmail.com. And please never use Norton again, it get's the easiest viruses just so it can say it's an antivirus, every computer I've known to have it has been infected with viruses easily. As for a replacement "FREE" and really good anti-virus go to avast.com they have the best anti-virus out there. And for others who may denote it's worthiness both Linux server admin's and Microsoft themselves recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
c++